Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mike Miller is flirting with me.


Maybe, it's the playful tussle of his hair. Maybe, it's the late night calls on my cell phone. Maybe, it's the pansy ass basketball he's been playing...

Whatever it is, he is pining for a piece of my heart (the part McCants hasn't stolen). And, for a piece of my blog.

Well, since I'm a sucker for the wily charms of bad Las Vegas prop comedian look-a-likes, I succumbed to Mr. Miller's advances. So, here goes...

The guy sucks. And, I think he's trying to steal my soul.

Let's examine Pansy Ass's resume: Career 14.0 scorer who never averaged less than 11.1 points per game. He is being paid about $20 million over the next two seasons. And, the #1 reason he was brought to the Wolves in the Love/Mayo trade was to give Jefferson an outside SHOOTER to play off from the post.

So... what have we seen?

Mike Miller has taken FEWER shots than Sebastian Telfair in 34 of the team's past 38 games.
I don't blame Telfair.

Last week against the Lakers, the Wolves played without its top two scorers, Foye and Jefferson. So, what did their veteran wing do... 0 - 4 for 0 points.

In fact, he passed up TWO 13-footers on the same possession to pass the ball to Jason Collins. Collins threw up a 16-foot airball. I don't blame Collins.

My detractors would claim that Miller is shooting 49%. I'd point out that Telfair is shooting 36% and Miller keeps forcing him the ball.

It's like Miller wants to get in Telfair's pants almost as much as he wants in on my blog.

No comments: